Personal Social Health Education and Citizenship
At Brabourne CEP School we believe that PSHE helps to give pupils the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy, independent lives, in order to become informed, active and responsible citizens.
Equipping children with foundational principles and skills that will improve their mental health, relationships and academic achievement, at Brabourne CEP School we want every child to know that they are loved, valued and cared for. We recognise the value of educating the heart alongside educating the mind. Our PSHE curriculum is linked with our Christian values, our sex and relationship education (RSE) and pastoral care programme (see RSE policy). The vision for students, staff and others linked to our school is to always look to achieve our personal best in every aspect of school life.
The principal aims of PSHE at Brabourne are to ensure that all pupils:
- Our school is one where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their personal best.
- Our school is welcoming, inclusive, has a real community feel and is a place where everyone is valued.
- Our pupils and staff treat each other equitably, fairly, with kindness and with mutual respect. At all times, staff and pupils are encouraged to show a high regard for the needs and feelings of others through their actions and words.
- Our pupils and staff are enterprising and approach challenges with a ‘can-do’ attitude. We promote a growth mindset: this is supported through our PSHE and RSE programme.
- The needs and interests of all pupils, irrespective of gender, culture, ability or aptitude, will be promoted through PSHE/RSE. Equality is embedded into everything that we do.
To learn more about our PSHE curriculum, please see: