At Brabourne CEP School, we believe that a high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport.
We provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We believe that opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character, support mental and physical well-being and help to embed our Christian values of respect, hope, courage and responsibility. We strive to ensure that Physical Education is enjoyable, exciting and varied and that it meets the needs of all our children.
In line with the National Curriculum, the principal aims of physical education at Brabourne are to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
- develop character and life skills
- increase motivation
- foster social connections
- support individual development in sport
For more information about our PE curriculum, please see: