The amount of premium to be received in 2019/2020:
The allocation of PE and sports premium for this financial year 2019/20 is £16900. The Sports Grant consists of £16,000 plus £10 per pupil in years 1-6.
We believe the purpose of the Sports’ Premium is:
- To ensure that children benefit from high quality Physical Education as part of the school curriculum and that staff benefit from continuing professional development;
- To provide opportunities for competitive school sport for all children who wish to take part;
- To encourage children to take part in School Sports and PE;
- To identify, enthuse and engage with children and families who are less likely to choose sports and exercise as a lifestyle choice;
- To increase the number of children who take part in after-school sports clubs by offering a wider range of activities;
- To work in partnership with other organisations and school to maximise the potential of School Sports and PE;
- To inspire children to participate in a range of sporting activities.
How we plan to spend it:
Impact on pupils’ participation:
- 100% of pupils will participate in high quality teaching and learning during the school week.
- All KS2 pupils will take part in at least one inter-school competition and over a third will take part in two or more competitions.
- For non-competitive/sporty pupils, they will also be taking part in physical activity during Outdoor Adventurous Activities.
- Pupils will be inspired by more unusual sports which they may not otherwise have the opportunity to access.
How improvements are sustainable:
- Teachers will be improving their skills in teaching PE and especially learning about new sports.
- Children have been exposed to more PE and are more enthusiastic to participate in physical activity.
- School is better resourced to continue teaching the variety of sports introduced.
- Children will be motivated by competition to want to take part in more sports.
- Installation of outdoor gym and new equipment to promote pupils’ physical and mental wellbeing at playtimes.
To see how we spent our Sports Funding last year, please download this pdf file:
Meeting national curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety: