The amount of premium to be received in 2019/2020:
The allocation of PE and sports premium for this financial year 2019/20 is £16900. The Sports Grant consists of £16,000 plus £10 per pupil in years 1-6.
We believe the purpose of the Sports’ Premium is:
- To ensure that children benefit from high quality Physical Education as part of the school curriculum and that staff benefit from continuing professional development;
- To provide opportunities for competitive school sport for all children who wish to take part;
- To encourage children to take part in School Sports and PE;
- To identify, enthuse and engage with children and families who are less likely to choose sports and exercise as a lifestyle choice;
- To increase the number of children who take part in after-school sports clubs by offering a wider range of activities;
- To work in partnership with other organisations and school to maximise the potential of School Sports and PE;
- To inspire children to participate in a range of sporting activities.
How we plan to spend it:
Impact on pupils’ participation:
- 100% of pupils will participate in high quality teaching and learning during the school week.
- All KS2 pupils will take part in at least one inter-school competition and over a third will take part in two or more competitions.
- For non-competitive/sporty pupils, they will also be taking part in physical activity during Outdoor Adventurous Activities.
- Pupils will be inspired by more unusual sports which they may not otherwise have the opportunity to access.
How improvements are sustainable:
- Teachers will be improving their skills in teaching PE and especially learning about new sports.
- Children have been exposed to more PE and are more enthusiastic to participate in physical activity.
- School is better resourced to continue teaching the variety of sports introduced.
- Children will be motivated by competition to want to take part in more sports.
- Installation of outdoor gym and new equipment to promote pupils’ physical and mental wellbeing at playtimes.
Previous academic year
Meeting national curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety: